Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Catch-up and some Ta-dahs

So 6 months has flown by and this mumma's been super busy. But at least I've completed 40% of my teaching course! Hooray. Since semester broke up I managed to get quite a few projects finished off, which is so therapeutic. So, here we go...
This ripple blanket went to my mum for Christmas. I love the purples and reds together!
How ca-yuuuuute is my Christmas wreath. I've considered ripping the bunting off so that I can have it on my door or inside all the time...or maybe it's an excuse to make another.
A couple of little hanging pots for my mother-in-law for Christmas
Eep - my first go at using piping. This insanely cute reversible bonnet went to my new niece for Christmas. The pattern is by Made by Rae. It was really easy to follow so give it a go!
I've made a few pairs of these now in an attempt to stashbust and these particular ones are for sale in my etsy shop (go here to take a look). The pattern is by Bron Green on ravelry.
I decided to make something a little different with this doily that's not adorning my dining table. Loving the ombre effect, which was actually completely unintentional! The pattern is actually a floor rug by Creative Jewish Mom, but using 8ply (DK) yarn and a smaller hook obviously downsized it a tad.
Then to match my new mothers' day mug, I made a little coaster. The pattern is the very awesome Spring Mandala, which I'm definitely going to make again as a pot holder.
And this is the most recent finished project - my ultimate stashbuster pixel afghan. I was going to place the squares randomly, but the control freak in me couldn't handle it. So semi-rainbow it is. The square pattern is by my fave crochet chic, Attic24. I also used her join-as-you-go technique, which really was faster and easier. I might have to take better photos in daylight so you can see the edging - I used a little picot pattern and I love the effect.

Also, I've finally started to keep WIPs in my Ravelry page. All the links to patterns and notes are in there.

Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment :)