Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcome! Hello! Hi!

New blog, new chapter, new craft. I decided it was time I had a general crafting blog; a place to share all of the lovely little things I make to keep busy while Button has his naps and after he goes to bed at night.

So what do I do in that precious time? I make for Bebe Bouton, a store I started with my amazeballs sis-in-law, Gubby from Love Gubby, making cuteness just for little boys. Why is it so damn hard to find gorgeous handmade things for boys?

I also still run Paper and Ribbons with my jewellery, but I haven't made anything in, well, forever and I'm in the process of clearing out the store so I can move on to a new vision...when I figure out what that is. So, if you're looking for bargain handmade pieces, take a look!

OK, now down to the craft. The past week I've been making for Henry and for our second market of this season. This weekend it was the Huckleberry Market in Mornington, a bit of a fave of mine. I love the stallholders and Amy, who runs the show, is awesome sauce.
New sign! I used this tutorial for the lettering from My Vintage Window.
All of the new nappy covers in their colourful glory and my pretty bunting. The nappy covers are by far the best seller at the moment, which isn't surprising. This summer is going to be hawwwwwt!
We're getting there with the layout. I've added more stands to add height on the table and baskets for the new teethers and dummy clips, but I think I might just go with the ikea stands in a long row.

I also made myself a new market apron - it was so handy to have the money in easy reach and secure and a great way to add colour to my outfit!
I'm in love with the geometric fabric I scored on sale...from Lincraft of all places! I used this tutorial from Sugar Bee Crafts, but made the apron 17" wide instead of 19".

And for Henry, I made him this super cute little summer outfit. I'm a bit addicted to this sailboat fabric from Spotlight.
The hat pattern is Oliver + S, which is actually a freebie, and the shorts pattern is from an old Kwik Sew book.
My chunky monkey is only 15mo at the moment, but the hat fits perfectly in the Medium, which is meant for 3-5 year olds.
Then I whipped up this cute as appliqued onesie for him using this template from Skip To My Lou.

Lastly, I quickly finished off this Oliver + S Art Smock for my newphew for his 2nd birthday. The little lions are so cute!
Hmm...what to make next...

1 comment:

  1. Love your work Mel!

    The Urban Ma
    jacqfruit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Leave a comment :)